Cyber memos for my personal knowledge.

2008-10-04

Mandriva One Spring 2008.1 bugs

My DELL Vostro 1310 was installed the Mandriva One Spring 2008.1.
I don't need to install extra drivers for my unit because Mandriva Linux is a very good distro for hw supporting. And also it is very easy to use for everyone including experts and newbies.

Unfortunately, I still got some bugs with my box.

1. System memory was found only up to 884 MB (it should be 2 GB in my box).
2. Intel wifi card 4965AGN got response timeout issues that sometimes can not access to the AP.

For 1, this is a kernel issue so that I switch my default kernel build from kernel-desktop586 to kernel-desktop. You can use $ uname -r to make sure your kernel build currently on your system. And this issue was fixed by this kernel build switching. Based on the official errata, you need to also install some kernel driver modules in order to let the switching more stabler if you have those drivers for kernel-desktop586 arch.

For 2, just add a line into /etc/modprobe.conf:

options iwl4965 disable_hw_scan=1

Official errata you can refer to here.

No comments: