Cyber memos for my personal knowledge.

2008-09-23

Debian 4.0 R4a + JMB38x can not find out my MSP cards

In my Debian system (Debain 4.0 R4a w/ kernel 2.6.24-etchnhalf.1-686), I have a JMicron multimedia card reader (JMB38x which supports MMC/xD/MS). After I installed JMircon's driver I found my Debian can not auto detect the MSP cards but xD cards are OK.

The first point I checked is my udev process. I think the hotplug function is abnormal for MSP cards. Therefore I modify the following 2 file under /etc/udev: hotplug.rules and permissions.rules.

For /etc/udev/hotplug.rules just modify it as following pic w/ root permission:


For /etc/udev/permissions.rules also modify it as following pic w/ root permission:


Save them and reboot machine, now I can see my MSP cards in my system as /dev/mspblk0 and /dev/mspblk0p1 device files because the mspro_block module was successfully load-up by udev.

Of course, I need to mount it manully to access MSP cards such as $ sudo mount -t auto -o rw /dev/mspblk0p1 /media/tmpdisk.
That is OK for me 'cause I don't need auto-mount. ;-)

No comments: